From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Agenda for Gentoo Council meeting on 2014-01-14
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 07:29:57
1 Hi all,
2
3 Here's the proposed agenda for the upcoming council meeting. Suggestions
4 particularly welcome for voting choices re implementation (not timing)
5 of EAPI=5 in profiles.
8 Roll call
9 =========
10
11 (5 minutes)
14 Formalizing top-level profiles at EAPI=5
15 ========================================
16
17 (20 minutes)
18
19 dilfridge:
20 "Making the whole profile tree EAPI=5
21
22 (This involves setting EAPI=5 in the main profiles directory, then
23 moving the eapi-5-files files to a suitable place (base?) and removing
24 the eapi-5-files directory.)
25
26 The 10.0 profiles were deprecated on 2 Feb 2013 and removed from
27 profiles.desc on 9 Feb 2013, i.e. since then everyone should have
28 switched to a 13.0 profile using EAPI=5 anyway.
29
30 The plan was to wait one year from that moment on."
31
32 (The previous vote was 2 for ≥1yr, 2 for ≤1yr, 2 for exactly 1 yr [one
33 of which noted our standard 1-year support])
34
35 We already voted on the timing, so we just need to vote on the
36 implementation now that we're at the cutoff.
37
38 My suggestion for the vote:
39 I propose we send out a final 30-day notice to give people a last
40 chance, then point at some of the writeups on migration paths for old
41 systems using snapshots.
44 References:
45 - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20130108-summary.txt
46 - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/89405
49 GLEP 1/2: GLEP workflow updates and shift to wiki
50 =================================================
51
52 (20 minutes)
53
54 Vote on updates to GLEP 1 as provided in references.
55
56 GLEP 2 comes along for the ride, as it's an example.
57
58 References:
59 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.project/3234
60 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.project/3211
61 - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.project/3213
62 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Creffett/GLEP2
65 Open bugs/issues
66 ================
67
68 (10 minutes)
69
70 Status of PGP key GLEP
71 - http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.project/3155
72 - Not specifically requested for vote but topic of last meeting
73 - Do we have a GLEP # yet? I pinged creffett on 20140110
76 Open floor
78
79 (5 minutes)
83 Thanks,