From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-04-14: call for agenda items
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 19:14:08
1 On 6 April 2015 at 17:28, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-04-02, o godz. 10:14:28
3 > Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> The next council meeting will be on April 14th, 19:00 UTC in
6 >> #gentoo-council on Freenode.
7 >>
8 >> Please respond to this message on the gentoo-project list with any
9 >> agenda items you want to propose or discuss.
10 >
11 > I would like to ask the Council to confirm or reject the switch of
12 > libav/ffmpeg default to ffmpeg. I don't want to take a stand there but
13 > I'm concerned that our users will end up suffering a ping-pong of
14 > developers fighting and changing the defaults from time to time.
15 >
16 > [1]:https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/50c181372e098719b2573e7b16c74482
17
18 My reasons for the switch are summarized here:
19 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/215e894205c6ca4a6e4e76291872ce95
20
21 If anything more is wanted, please let me know, and I'd be happy to expand.
24 Cheers,
25
26 Ben | yngwin
27 Gentoo developer