From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] [RFC/announcement] Reviewers project
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:26:57
1 Hello, developers.
2
3 I have the pleasure to announce that we have formed a new Reviewers
4 team [1] for Gentoo. The team is going to assemble developers willing
5 to perform ebuild reviews and help contributors improve their ebuild
6 skills.
7
8 The main goal of the team is to handle GitHub pull requests. We are
9 going to review incoming PRs, communicate with maintainers and merge
10 them as appropriate. In particular, we're going to help willing
11 contributors get high-quality, PGP-signed commits into Gentoo,
12 therefore helping them prepare to become Gentoo developers.
13
14 The side goal is to review current Gentoo commits for major QA
15 violations and other issues, aiming at improving the quality of ebuilds
16 in Gentoo and helping other developers using bash, ebuilds and git
17 effectively.
18
19 [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Reviewers
22 Best regards,