From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Submit project ideas NOW for Google Summer of Code 2012
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 06:03:33
1 You have 24 hours from right now to submit your Google Summer of Code
2 project ideas to our wiki, so get on it! I need to put in our
3 application by Friday afternoon, but I'll be traveling most of the day
4 Friday. (BTW if anyone's in the Bay Area for PyCon or just near Santa
5 Clara, let me know.)
6
7 For those of you who haven't been following the gentoo-soc list or the
8 GSoC program previously, it's a great program where we get college
9 students to spend a summer working full-time on Gentoo, funded by
10 Google. You can read more about the broader program at
11 <http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012>.
12
13 If you have projects that have been burning itches for months and/or
14 years and just can't find the time to get to them, this is a great
15 opportunity to get things started and even find a long-term maintainer
16 once the project is started.
17
18 Our GSoC wiki subsite is at
19 <http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2012> and the ideas
20 page is at
21 <http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2012/Ideas>. If you
22 have project ideas, this is the place to put them. It's critical to also
23 include potential mentors and prerequisite skills so students know which
24 ideas make sense and where to learn more about them.
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie
29
30 Donnie Berkholz