From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] GLEP 67 is in, please update your metadata.dtd!
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 22:13:55
1 Hello again,
2
3 On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:37:15 +0100
4 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > Please note that the metadata.dtd is unable to correctly enforce
7 > obligatory type="" attribute on maintainers. Please make sure to add
8 > it. I will be adding pkgcheck/repoman checks for that soon.
9
10 As requested by a number of developers, I have reverted the DTD change
11 blocking <herd/> elements in order to provide additional transition
12 period.
13
14 The support for <herd/>, as well as herds.xml and herds.dtd, will be
15 removed no earlier than 2 weeks from now. Please use that time to
16 update metadata.xml in your repositories.
17
18 While at it, I've added three GLEP 67-related checks to gentoo-ci.
19 Therefore, the metadata.xml files in Gentoo repository and pull
20 requests will be periodically checked for the following problems:
21
22 1. <herd/> elements,
23
24 2. <maintainer/> elements with no type="" (invalid is already covered
25 by the DTD),
26
27 3. <maintainer type="project"/> referencing projects not
28 in projects.xml.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny
33 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>