From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Cleanup of the "Get Gentoo" page
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 04:25:27
1 On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 18:22:18 -0700
2 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'd like to suggest a cleanup of our "Get Gentoo" page. It is one of the
5 > more important pages, because every new user has to visit it.
6
7 I already did clean it up when I punted the last of the 2008.0 references from it, and some other sundry fixes.
8
9 By shifting stuff around, you've put all the explanations of "what all these weirdly named things are" to the end, which means visitors may be more confused. I'm not sure this was the best idea, but lemme think about it awhile longer.
10
11 Also, please don't EVER set reply-to to "gentoo-project" when the topic is actually something related to distribution development, in this case, the landing page.