From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] GCC 4.6.0
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 04:10:15
1 I just added 4.6.0 to the tree. We probably won't be unmasking it any time
2 soon (after 4.6.1 for sure), but please start testing your packages now so we
3 can get things rolling.
4
5 http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.6/changes.html
6
7 For general testing you may want to add the gcc-porting overlay to avoid
8 known failures that haven't been fixed in the tree yet.
9
10 Outstanding issues I know about:
11
12 - hardened is broken (stage comparison mismatch)
13 - sys-boot/grub-0.97 is miscompiled (bug #360513)
14
15 https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/gcc-porting/browser/README-4.6
16
17 Common errors:
18
19 https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/gcc-porting/browser/ERRORS-4.6
20 http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/148523.html
21
22 You may also want to test your packages with the new -Ofast option to be
23 sure it doesn't have any hardcoded assumptions about -O flags.
24
25 Please assign any bugs you find in GCC itself to toolchain, and any bugs in
26 packages to their respective maintainers with a block on "gcc-4.6" (ie. bug
27 #346809).
31 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
32 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
33 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662