From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] GCC 4.6.0
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 04:10:15
I just added 4.6.0 to the tree.  We probably won't be unmasking it any time
soon (after 4.6.1 for sure), but please start testing your packages now so we
can get things rolling.

For general testing you may want to add the gcc-porting overlay to avoid
known failures that haven't been fixed in the tree yet.

Outstanding issues I know about:

  - hardened is broken (stage comparison mismatch)
  - sys-boot/grub-0.97 is miscompiled (bug #360513)

Common errors:

  You may also want to test your packages with the new -Ofast option to be
  sure it doesn't have any hardcoded assumptions about -O flags.

Please assign any bugs you find in GCC itself to toolchain, and any bugs in
packages to their respective maintainers with a block on "gcc-4.6" (ie. bug

fonts, gcc-porting,                  it makes no sense how it makes no sense
toolchain, wxwidgets                           but i'll take it free anytime
@                EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662