From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Decision on recent developer retirements
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:28:17
1 We've made a decision on the appeals of the mandatory retirements of
2 Stephen Bennet (spb), Richard Brown (rbrown), and Wulf Krueger
3 (philantrop) from Gentoo. To help you understand our decision, here is
4 the framework we used for it:
5
6 Unless given compelling reason to believe otherwise, we accept the
7 original decision. With that in mind, we considered whether we had
8 compelling reason that someone should not be retired and the decision
9 should be reversed. One example of a compelling reason for reversing
10 this decision would be a clear change in attitude since being retired.
11 As part of this review, we went through all of the logs and other
12 documentation that was used as evidence for the mandatory retirements.
13 We greatly value devrel's judgment, because they are the experts on this
14 type of matter and we are just overseeing them.
15
16 With that in mind, we have unanimously decided to let the previous
17 decision by devrel stand in all three cases. All of the appeals have
18 been rejected.
19
20 We wanted to ensure that all of them would hear about this privately and
21 directly from us rather than from someone else, so we've waited an
22 additional 2 weeks since notifying them about our decision.
23
24 Should the retired developers so desire, they are welcome to continue
25 participating in and contributing to Gentoo as any other user would, so
26 long as they abide by the CoC as it is enforced by userrel. It is at devrel's
27 discretion whether to accept a new developer application at any point in
28 the future.
29
30 Thank you all for your patience while we came to our decision,
31
32 Mark, on behalf of the Gentoo council
35 Mark Loeser
36 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
37 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com
38 web - http://www.halcy0n.com