From: "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Andrew Savchenko (bircoph)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:00:09
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 it's a pleasure for me to introduce to you Andrew Savchenko aka. bircoph as the
4 latest addition to our team.
5
6 He has been a long time out-of-tree contributor to various packages including
7 sci-physics/root, linphone, mediastreamer or openl2tp. Now it is time for him to
8 work directly on the tree.
9
10 Here some lines from himself:
11
12 """
13 I'm an IT engineer in the Unix technologies department of our
14 university working mostly on HPC solutions, though I'm also
15 involved in VoIP and infrastructure security issues. We're using
16 Gentoo in production widely ;)
17
18 Also I'm a researcher at the same university working in High Energy
19 Physics field and I'm working on my PhD in HEP now.
20
21 In Gentoo I'd like to participate in science, voip, cluster teams
22 and maintain some random packages of interest.
23
24 Other than technical stuff my interests encompass classical music
25 (both Western and Eastern), literature (sci-fi, historical novels
26 and epic fantasy), anime and cycling.
27
28 I have contributed to quite a lot of free software projects, though
29 most contributions are in form of patches, high quality bug
30 reports, translations and small improvements here and there.
31
32 Notable project I contributed to:
33 MPlayer, Midnight Commander (was a developer for these two), Linux
34 kernel, OrangeFS, Wesnoth, sdcv, openl2tp and of course Gentoo (a
35 lot of patches in bugzilla, proxy-maintainer for various packages).
36
37 ATM I'm one of clsync developers (it's an lsyncd replacement written
38 in pure C with enhanced functionality and extensibility; probably
39 should add this project to the tree) and symlookup dev (its a tool
40 for undefined symbols handling, though intersect with scanelf for
41 some tasks).
42
43 Also I maintain an official Russian Debian mirror located at our
44 university. (We have Gentoo mirror too (that's why this host was
45 set up in the first place), but additional mirrors aren't accepted
46 now.)
47 """
48
49 So please join me and give Andrew a warm welcome,
50
51 Justin