From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: elections@g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Voting for the Council 2011-2012 Election begins
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:08:22
Hello once again,

As per the schedule outlined below by Roy, voting has opened for the
Gentoo Council 2011 to 2012 election. The full list of candidates and
their manifestos can be found at:

Further instructions for voting can be found in your home directory on
woodpecker (aka, and in the motd.

The election will be open till July 4th 00:00:01 UTC and the results
will be announced once the election officials have ratified the

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (elections at gentoo
dot org), or #gentoo-elections on Freenode.

Happy voting!

On behalf of the elections officials,

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
> Team, > > Elections for the 2011 to 2012 Gentoo Council will be held as follows:- > > Wed June 1st 00:00:01 UTC  potential candidates/electors list closes. > Fri June 3rd 00:00:01 UTC nominations open. > Fri June 17th 00:00:01 UTC nominations close. > Mon June 20th 00:00:01 UTC voting opens. > Mon July 4th 00:00:01 UTC voting closes. > > _Reopen_Nominations_ will be used in this election. > > Results will be announced as soon as the election officials have > validated the results. > > Other information:- > > The potential candidates/electors list will be > as > it is at the cut off date. If you are not listed there and should be, > recruiters can check an fix it for you. > > If you are not on roll call by then, you cannot be a candidate, nor > can you vote. If undertakers retire you after that time, you may still > participate in the election. > > As the election is non technical, nominations, acceptances, manifestos > and other election hustings material goes to the -project list. > > Nominations are open to anyone. Candidates and voters are limited to > the roll call list above. Candidates must accept nominations before the > nomination period closes to get into the final ballot. > > We are still short of election officials for this election. Volunteers > please contact me.  Potential council candidates should not apply. > > On behalf of the election officials. > > -- > Regards, > > Roy Bamford > (Neddyseagoon) a member of > gentoo-ops > forum-mods > trustees >
-- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team