From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] [RFC/announcement] ARM64 project / architecture team
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 02:01:54
1 Hello,
2
3 I have created a new ARM64 project[1] as an architecture team project,
4 as I don't find it appropriate to handle this under the ARM project and
5 all its legacy (including confusing stabilization rules, etc). It is
6 also clearer that way, who is taking care of arm and who arm64, based
7 on the members list.
8
9 The current main goal is to fix up the deptree and get some arm64
10 profiles stable. To that effect, I'd like to ask package maintainers to
11 kindly consider with arm64 as they CC architecture teams for
12 (re)keywording or stabilization, as if it was a stable arch.
13
14 New members are expected to have long-term interest in the architecture
15 and the work involved with that. Or responsibly removing themselves
16 from the project when their short-term interest fades.
19 [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:ARM64