From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] tools-portage herd status
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:55:00
1 On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 09:08 -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
2 > All:
3 >
4 > The tool-portage herd is currently understaffed and as such is not
5 > making updates in a timely fashion. Currently the herd consists of
6 > zmedico and myself. While Zac has done a good job where he can, he has
7 > a full time job with maintaining and updating portage. In my case, my
8 > real life job has me working 60 - 80 hour work weeks which severely
9 > limits the time I have to work on Gentoo. We are in the process of
10 > recruiting another member of the herd, however, he has a full time job
11 > as well which also limits the amount of time he has available for
12 > Gentoo.
13 >
14 > Because of this, I am publicly announcing that any Gentoo developer who
15 > wants to touch stuff belonging to the tools-portage herd is welcome to
16 > do so. The only requirement is if you accidentally break it, please fix
17 > it as well.
18
19 Back in April of last year I wrote the above message. Since then the
20 tools-portage team has added idl0r as well as several community
21 developers. However, we are now in the process of losing truedfx who
22 was the main maintainer of ufed.
23
24 If a current Gentoo developer wants to join the herd to become the ufed
25 maintainer, please let us know.
26
27 Additionally, since I don't like touching and breaking glsa-check, it
28 would be appreciated if someone would be willing to act as the primary
29 maintainer for that piece of gentoolkit as well.
30
31 Finally, we have migrated the gentoolkit source code from subversion to
32 git. Gentoo developers can access the repository at:
33
34 git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/gentoolkit.git
35
36 Gentoo Developers have full priviledges to the repository. As before,
37 any Gentoo developer can do work on the gentoolkit source. We only have
38 several requirements. If you want to do a major change (i.e
39 rewrite/refactor something), please talk to us before pushing any
40 commits. If you break something, please fix it. Finally, if you want a
41 new release of gentoolkit or gentoolkit-dev, please coordinate it with
42 either myself or idl0r.
43
44 Any non Gentoo developers who wish to assist, the best way to get
45 started is by pulling a copy of the repository and submitting patches to
46 bugzilla. Additionally, we can be found in the #gentoo-portage IRC
47 channel.
48
49 On behalf of the tools-portage team.
50