From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Developers, please start switching to 17.1 amd64 profiles
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:37:30
Hi, everyone.

With some delay, I would like to officially announce that the Council
has approved the direction in which 17.1 amd64 profiles are heading at
its 2018-04-08 meeting [1].  At the same time, the Gentoo developers are
asked to start migrating their development systems and actively testing
their packages against the new profiles.

For more details on the profiles, please see the original news item [2].
 Please also make sure to look at the tracker [3].

There is no clear cutoff date defined yet (not even a rough one).  I'd
like to switch our stages to the new profiles soonish; however, that
mostly depend on progress being made on the tracker and developers
actually switching their systems.  I think we're discuss this further
once there is a clear indication that the majority of active developers
have migrated.

[1]:https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20180408-summary.txt
[2]:https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-12-26-experimental-amd64-17-1-profiles.html
[3]:https://bugs.gentoo.org/506276