From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Developers, please start switching to 17.1 amd64 profiles
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:37:30
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 With some delay, I would like to officially announce that the Council
4 has approved the direction in which 17.1 amd64 profiles are heading at
5 its 2018-04-08 meeting [1]. At the same time, the Gentoo developers are
6 asked to start migrating their development systems and actively testing
7 their packages against the new profiles.
8
9 For more details on the profiles, please see the original news item [2].
10 Please also make sure to look at the tracker [3].
11
12 There is no clear cutoff date defined yet (not even a rough one). I'd
13 like to switch our stages to the new profiles soonish; however, that
14 mostly depend on progress being made on the tracker and developers
15 actually switching their systems. I think we're discuss this further
16 once there is a clear indication that the majority of active developers
17 have migrated.
18
19 [1]:https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20180408-summary.txt
20 [2]:https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-12-26-experimental-amd64-17-1-profiles.html