From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New gentoo-dev-announce list
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:26:42
1 gentoo-dev-announce is now open. The goal of this list is to make it
2 easy to follow changes that may be pertinent to Gentoo contributors.
3 This is intended to be a LOW-TRAFFIC announce-only list of development
4 topics, so we hope subscribers won't feel the need to filter it away
5 from their Inbox.
6
7 Acceptable Types of Announcements
8 - Policy or process changes that affect developers.
9 - Infrastructure changes that affect developers.
10 - Tools changes that affect developers.
11 - Schedule changes
12
13 Unacceptable Types of Announcements
14 - Package removal or addition. This should go on a general -announce
15 list because it affects all users.
16 - Discussion
17 - Anything else not mentioned above
18
19 Some List Details
20 - gentoo-dev-announce is OPTIONAL for project contributors, although
21 highly recommended.
22 - In the future we may auto-subscribe new developers to this list.
23 They may choose to unsubscribe themselves thereafter.
24 - All announcements here will also be delivered to gentoo-dev. So if
25 you follow gentoo-dev religiously you don't need to subscribe to
26 gentoo-dev-announce.
27 - Replies on gentoo-dev-announce go to gentoo-dev. gentoo-dev-announce
28 is a moderated list.
29
30 Thanks,
31 Donnie
32
33 P.S. -- Description borrowed from fedora-devel-announce