From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:52:19
1 Hi all,
2
3 The Google Summer of Code is a great program that's gotten us a lot of
4 new developers over the past 8 years we've participated. The time for it
5 has come around again and we need project ideas!
6
7 We're looking for something that a university student could accomplish
8 in a summer's worth of full-time work. I'm sure that many of you have
9 projects that you've never been able to get around to, and this is a
10 great opportunity to make them happen.
11
12 If you'd like to mentor a project, that would be awesome! But even if
13 you don't, please put some ideas here:
14 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2014/Ideas
15
16 If you could post ideas today and tomorrow, that would be most helpful
17 because we need to submit the list to Google tomorrow afternoon. Take a
18 look at last year's list to see examples:
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24