From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] NATTkA (open source stable-bot replacement) deployment
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 06:48:12
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 It is my pleasure to announce that Infra is ready to deploy NATTkA
4 and will do so as soon as we're able to synchronize with stable-bot
5 owner.
6
7 TL;DR: expect bot handling kwreq/streq to change, please report any bugs
8 you notice, please start testing 'nattka apply' as a replacement for
9 getatoms.py.
12 What is NATTkA?
13 ===============
14 NATTkA is a rewrite of stable-bot, resulting from my frustration with
15 unresolved issues, limitations and negligence to publish source code of
16 stable-bot.
17
18 Currently, it is a program with two commands: 'process-bugs' that
19 replaces stable-bot itself, and 'apply' that replaces getatoms.py.
20 It remains backwards compatible with stable-bot right now but I will
21 start working on new features soonish, and then getatoms.py will
22 probably be unable to work on bugs using them.
25 stable-bot replacement
26 ======================
27 The main differences that will be visible after the deployment are:
28
29 - NATTkA will run on shorter schedule (right now we're testing every
30 4-8 minutes), so new bugs should be handled much faster.
31
32 - old bugs will be rechecked periodically (right now: every 12 hours),
33 so if package lists run out of date, you will know before slacking arch
34 teams notice.
35
36 - if bug specifies all keywords in the package list, it will be checked
37 before arch teams are CC-ed, so you won't have to spam them with bugs
38 that aren't ready.
39
40 - if you file rekeywording request and need to add dependencies, you no
41 longer have to worry about specifying exact keywords for all of them.
42 Unlike stable-bot, NATTkA does not try to downgrade stable keywords to
43 ~arch as part of keywording.
46 NATTkA should yield the same results as stable-bot (except in the cases
47 outlined above). However, the failure messages change, so expect one-
48 time re-reporting of all sanity-check- bugs. There also might be bugs,
49 so if results don't make sense, please ping me.
50
51 In the new feature I'm planning to relax package list syntax for
52 keywordreqs and add new shorthands for specifying keywords in order to
53 make our lives easier. These will not be backwards compatible.
56 getatoms.py replacement
57 =======================
58 'nattka apply' is quite fresh but it should be already equally
59 functional to getatoms.py. I'd like to ask arch teams to start testing
60 it ASAP, as using it (or well, updating the other tools) will be
61 necessary to make use of new package list features.
62
63 Short usage instructions follow. Docs provide a bit more details on all
64 command-line options.
65
66 'nattka apply' applies keywords to the git repo checkout in the current
67 directory and prints output telling you which packages had the keyword
68 added. By default it works on the current ARCH (as determined from
69 Portage config/profile).
70
71 To apply keywords from specific bug:
72
73 nattka apply 123456
74
75 To apply keywords from all bugs of specific category:
76
77 nattka apply --keywordreq
78 nattka apply --stablereq
79 nattka apply --security
80
81 To just print the list without modifying ebuilds:
82
83 nattka apply -n ...
84
85 Normally, NATTkA skips bugs that did not pass sanity-check or have
86 unresolved deps. To change that:
87
88 nattka apply --ignore-sanity-check ...
89 nattka apply --ignore-dependencies ...
90
91 To run for another arch:
92
93 nattka apply -a arm64 ...
94
95 To run for all arches CC-ed to the bugs:
96
97 nattka apply -a '*' ...
98
99 ALLARCHES is not currently respected but certainly will be
100 in the future. If you need more features or notice any bugs, please
101 ping me or file a bug at [1].
104 Enjoy!
107 [1] https://github.com/mgorny/nattka/issues
110 Best regards,