From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 20:38:22
1 All,
2
3 This message is an announcement and a reminder.
4
5 OpenRc-0.12 will be introduced to the portage tree in the next few days.
6
7 If you are using ~arch OpenRc, the standard disclaimer applies: remember
8 that you might be subject to breakage.
9
10 I do not know of any breakage personally. It does work on my system, and
11 I know of others who are using OpenRc from git successfully. Some are
12 OpenRc team members, and at least one is a Gentoo user.
13
14 If you are not comfortable with the possibility of breakage, I recommend
15 that you make sure you do not upgrade right away.
16
17 If, on the other hand, you are comfortable with that possibility and you
18 are willing to help us test and get rid of bugs before we go stable,
19 feel free to run ~arch.
20
21 In other words, this is the standard Gentoo disclaimer, so consider
22 yourself warned.
23
24 Thanks much,
27 William