From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Matthew Smith (matthew)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:25:17
1 Hey all,
2
3 It is my pleasure to announce our first recruit of 2022 (hopefully of
4 many more): Matthew Smith from England! Matthew has already introduced a
5 new eclass to Gentoo and continues to maintain bunch of related
6 packages. Here's what he has to say about himself:
7
8 "An embedded software developer from the North East of England currently
9 working on squeezing the maximum battery life out of small battery
10 powered devices, and reworking old designs to cope with current supply
11 chain issues.
12
13 I enjoy writing C++ and Java, and working with Gentoo has taught me (and
14 continues to teach me) a lot of Bash and Python. Currently when I have
15 time I've been learning Haskell by reading A Type of Programming.
16
17 After using Gentoo on my personal machine for a number of years, and now
18 on my workstation and servers, I would like to give back with some of my
19 time :)"
20
21 Let's hope Matthew's battery findings can be upstreamed to mobile phones
22 as I'm tired of recharging mine daily. Please give him a warm welcome to
23 the Gentoo family!
24
25 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature