From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo has been accepted as a Google Summer of Code 2018 mentoring organization
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:23:23
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 Gentoo has been accepted into the Google Summer of Code 2018!
4
5 Mentors:
6 If you want to mentor some projects on Gentoo GSoC 2018 please add
7 yourself here [1] as soon as possible, is important!.
8 Someone from the Gentoo GSoC team will contact you back, as soon as possible.
9
10 Students:
11 If you are a student and want to spend your summer on Gentoo projects
12 and having fun writing code, you can start discussing ideas in the
13 #gentoo-soc IRC Freenode channel [2].
14 You can find some ideas example here [3], but of course could be also
15 something different.
16 Just remember that we strongly recommend that you work with a
17 potential mentor to develop your idea before proposing it formally.
18 Don’t waste any time because there’s typically some polishing which
19 needs to occur before the deadline (March 28th)
20
21 I can assure you that Gentoo GSoC is really fun and a great experience
22 for improving yourself.
23 It is also useful for making yourself known in the Gentoo community.
24 Contributing to the Gentoo GSoC will be contributing to Gentoo, a
25 bleeding edge distribution, considered by many to be for experts and
26 with near-unlimited adaptability.
27
28 If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to
29 contact us [4] or check the Gentoo GSoC 2018 wiki page [5].
30
31 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Mentors
32 [2] http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=gentoo-soc
33 [3] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Ideas
34 [4] soc-mentors@g.o
35 [5] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018
38 Thanks,
39 Alice Ferrazzi
40
41 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
42 Gentoo Foundation Vice-Secretary
43 Gentoo Google Summer of Code Administrator
44 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
45 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A