From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:32:11
1 Hi,
2 So far most license discussions took place on the licenses@g.o alias
3 which makes it impossible to trace many license related decisions.
4 This isn't in line with the Social Contract which says that "we will
5 not hide problems".
6
7 We have therefore created a new gentoo-licenses mailing list for
8 discussion of packages' licenses and related issues. (Thanks to the
9 Infra team for setting it up.) To subscribe to the list, send a
10 message to gentoo-licenses+subscribe@l.g.o and reply to
11 the confirmation message. Postings will be archived at Gmane and at
12 The Mail Archive.
13
14 Please note that all legal issues other than licenses should still go
15 to the gentoo-project or gentoo-nfp lists.
16
17 Of course, the licenses@g.o alias also still exists for topics
18 that shouldn't be discussed in public.
19
20 Ulrich