From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Sebastian Pipping (sping)
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:37:07
1 It's my pleasure to introduce you to our newest addition: Joining us
2 from the capital of Germany, Berlin, is Sebastian "sping" Pipping. He
3 has already contributed to Gentoo in various ways and his primary
4 objective will be to finish the Gentoo machine setup statistics tool
5 which he has been working on during Google Summer of Code 2009. Later he
6 also plans to join the KDE and Qt teams, as he has already been working
7 at Qt Software before.
8
9 As former implies he is still a student, precisely a student of computer
10 science. His contributions to the free software community include work
11 around XSPF [1] with the Xiph.org Foundation, the search bar in
12 Kate/KWrite of KDE 4.x, a RFC 3986 URI handling library called uriparser
13 [2] and a web view on a set of bugs for Debian called "Debian Packages
14 that Need Lovin'" [3]. The tools he is having the most fun with these
15 days are Git and Python.
16
17 He hopes to help make a few things work better in Gentoo, and says there
18 is a lot of work to do.
19 When he is not sitting in front of a screen he enjoys swimming and
20 sleeping deep into the day. :-)
21
22 Please give him a warm welcome.
23