From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Infra notice: increasing strictness of OpenPGP checks
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 05:57:14
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 I'm working on improving OpenPGP commit verification on Infra end.
4 The changes so far shouldn't visibly affect developers whose accounts
5 are configured correctly. However, if you have trouble pushing, please
6 contact me (or other Infra members) immediately to investigate.
7
8 The changes so far are:
9
10 1. We've switched to a new model for fetching and propagating keys
11 within Infra. This means that your key updates should be propagated
12 faster now (within 2 hours + keyserver propagation time). Hopefully,
13 this also means revocations will be noticed much faster.
14
15 2. We're enabling pairing keys with developers (the way gkeys is
16 supposed to work). It means that gitolite will now check that the key
17 used to sign commits actually belongs to the developer performing
18 the push.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny