From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] The Sunrise project has been discontinued
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 18:25:52
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 I have to regretfully announce that the Sunrise project [1] has
4 officially been discontinued. This has followed a halt of nearly a year
5 in the project activity, during which no user contributions occurred
6 and the public reviewed repository has not been updated.
7
8 For this reason:
9
10 1. No further user contributions will be accepted via Sunrise.
11
12 2. The reviewed repository will no longer be updated, and will
13 eventually be disabled and removed from the official repository list.
14
15 3. The unreviewed repository [2] has been made public to facilitate
16 ebuild retention, and all Gentoo developers were given write access to
17 allow removing packages moved to Gentoo.
18
19 Users are encouraged to take over Sunrise packages and move them to
20 Gentoo through the Proxy Maintainers project [3]. An appropriate note
21 has already been added to all bugs associated with packages still
22 in Sunrise.
23
24 Once again, thank you for your contributions. It has been a pleasure
25 working with you, and we hope to see you again.
26
27 [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Sunrise
28 [2]:https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise.git
29 [3]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers