From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:01:30
1 I wrote a script to check which ebuilds use built_with_use and have
2 keywords in never versions making the ebuild unused. This means that
3 neither arch or ~arch users are likely to install the ebuild. The script
4 and the list of ebuilds is attached. I plan on removing all these
5 ebuilds two weeks from now unless a reason is given why not to. If you
6 see an ebuild on the list that should be kept, please migrate it to EAPI
7 2. If you need assistance in migrating, I can help. With these gone
8 built_with_use usage will be down to about 600:
9
10 betelgeuse@pena /usr/portage $ grep --include "*.ebuild" built_with_use
11 -r . | wc -l;
12 923