From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Andreas K. Hüttel (dilfridge)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:33:32
1 It's my usual please to announce Andreas "dilfridge" Hüttel. Andreas
2 hails from (as usual) Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany but with a very low
3 probability he can be found somewhere else too. Without any other low
4 quality physics jokes I'll just let Andreas' own words speak for him:
5
6 I'm originally from the western edge of Germany, but have been living
7 for a long time in München, and recently spent three years in Delft, NL.
8 Now I'm something roughly like an assistant professor at Regensburg
9 University.
10
11 On the professional side, I work in low-temperature nanophysics,
12 specializing at the moment on single-wall carbon nanotubes. Here, I'm
13 interested in current transport through single nanotubes at ultra-low
14 tempeatures (T<0.1K), and especially also the use of suspended nanotubes
15 as mechanical resonators ("nano guitar strings").
16
17 Otherwise I enjoy living in beautiful Regensburg. There's so much to
18 do... I like to bike around, go out for cocktails, travel the world and
19 take pictures with my DSLR, I read a lot of literature (preferably on
20 the sunny terrace of a cafe), but also enjoy watching sci-fi episodes on
21 DVD. No TV here. Oh well, I forgot, I occasionally like tinkering around
22 with Linux... :)
23
24 I've got a website which tells more - everything there is public by
25 definition.
26 http://www.akhuettel.de/
27
28 Regards,
29 Petteri
30
31 Heisenberg is out for a drive when he's stopped by a traffic cop. The
32 cop says 'Do you know how fast you were going?' Heisenberg says 'No, but
33 I know where I am.'