From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Next council meeting on Tuesday 9th 2010 at 2000UTC
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:46:07
1 The next council meeting will be on Tuesday 9th at 2000UTC. Please
2 note the slightly unusual day and time. It's on a Tuesday and it's one
3 hour later than usual. That's 21:00 for those of us in western Europe,
4 3:00PM for US east coast and 12 noon for US west coast.
5
6 Please make sure you discuss the topics before the meeting because we
7 will likely not have time for much more than voting. On top of that
8 council meetings are not the right place for technical discussions and
9 heated debates (both have a 100% chance of going nowhere). The place
10 where ideas should be proposed and discussed, where consensus need to
11 be reached, is the mailing lists. Don't count on your council members
12 to be creative, they're way too lazy and clueless for that.
13
14 I'm just now starting to work on the agenda with the target of
15 proposing it for review to the council over the coming weekend, but I
16 already know it's again going to be packed. What will for sure be on
17 the agenda are GLEPs 58 to 61 and the VDB issue (although I still have
18 to sort out this mess of a thread and bug). So, again, please make
19 sure you get all the answers you need on the mailing lists before the
20 meeting.
21
22 If you want to propose topics just post them to this thread. There's
23 no point asking us to discuss your half-baked project or idea though
24 because we'll end up canceling it due to disagreeing on the colors in
25 the output log.
26
27 Denis.