From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] changes to staffing-needs page and project pages
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:00:20
Since a few weeks ago project pages can contain a new <recruitment>
section to list open positions within the project that require fresh
blood (thanks to neysx for implementing this). Historically those were
only listed centrally, which
had a number of problems (limited visibility, unclear responsibility)
But as a central page also has advantages that page has been updated to
collect the <recruitment> sections from project pages and list them all
in one place (again thanks to neysx for the implementation).

I hope that this new feature will help us to better communicate where
users can help the project and improve our recruitment process.

PS: people with existing entries on the old page have been notified a
few weeks ago with the offer to migrate their entries, and only when
people replied have their entries been migrated.

Public Key at

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.