From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] EAPI 6 draft for review
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:36:19
1 [Resending since my first message didn't make it to -dev-announce.]
2
3 The first draft of EAPI 6 is ready. I shall post it as a series of
4 22 patches following this message in the gentoo-pms mailing list.
5
6 Please review. The goal is to have the draft ready for approval in the
7 council's November meeting.
8
9 For convenience, I have also uploaded a rendered version of EAPI 6:
10 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/6-draft/
11 Especially, the list of changes from EAPI 5 to EAPI 6 is here:
12 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/6-draft/pms.html#x1-184000E
13
14 Ulrich
17 Michael Palimaka (1):
18 EAPI 6 supports package.* and use.* directories.
19
20 Michał Górny (2):
21 EAPI 6: Explain eapply behavior.
22 EAPI 6 has get_libdir.
23
24 Ulrich Müller (19):
25 Add an EAPI 6 identical to EAPI 5.
26 Rework the EAPI feature table.
27 Reformat EAPI tables to be more compact.
28 Delete redundant sentence in the list of defined EAPIs.
29 EAPI 6: Bash version is 4.2.
30 EAPI 6 enables failglob in global scope.
31 EAPI 6: einstall banned.
32 EAPI 6: die and assert called with -n respect nonfatal.
33 EAPI 6 has eapply.
34 EAPI 6 has eapply_user.
35 EAPI 6 has a default src_prepare.
36 EAPI 6: econf adds --docdir and --htmldir.
37 EAPI 6 has in_iuse.
38 EAPI 6: unpack supports absolute and relative paths.
39 EAPI 6: unpack supports txz.
40 EAPI 6: unpack matches filename extensions case-insensitively.
41 EAPI 6 has einstalldocs.
42 EAPI 6 has a different src_install implementation.
43 Merge several EAPI feature tables.
44
45 dependencies.tex | 118 +++++-----
46 eapi-differences.tex | 198 ++++++++++------
47 eapis.tex | 18 +-
48 ebuild-env-commands.tex | 40 ++--
49 ebuild-env-vars.tex | 99 ++++----
50 ebuild-format.tex | 11 +-
51 ebuild-functions.tex | 258 ++++++++++-----------
52 ebuild-vars.tex | 93 ++++----
53 merge.tex | 20 +-
55 pms.tex | 4 +-
56 profile-variables.tex | 23 +-
57 profiles.tex | 56 +++--
58 13 files changed, 854 insertions(+), 669 deletions(-)
61 2.6.1