From: justin <jlec@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Staffer: José Fournier (jaaf)
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:03:07
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 it is my pleasure to introduce the newest addition to the French
4 documentation team, José Fournier.
5 He seems to be very interested to translate every documentation bit on
6 this planet into French, what he already has proved by working on
7 Ubuntus, KDEs and OpenWRTs docs. Now he starts over with the Gentoo's.
8
9 This is how he describes himself:
10
11 I am a French (recently retired) electrical engineer. I have been
12 working in car manufacturing process automation at Renault for 35 years
13 leading technical teams. My competence includes electrical machines
14 and networks, electronics, computer and PLC programming for control
15 systems. It has been applied in a large number of domains (power
16 stations, stamping workshops, painting workshops, energy savings,
17 general maintenance, etc.)
18 I am also interested in foreign languages. In addition to English that I
19 learned at school, I studied the Japanese language (except for the first
20 year, I did it by myself, but I cannot pretend to master it, lacking
21 opportunities to practice it) and I am presently learning the Basque
22 language.
23 I have been using Linux systems at home for many years, starting 15
24 years ago with OpenSuse, then passing to Ubuntu, Mint and now Gentoo.
25 I feel greatly concerned by the Free Software philosophy and the
26 hilosophy of Commons in general, and as a user of free systems I do my
27 best to return something to the community.
28 I am a member (not active) of APRIL, a French Free Software defense
29 association, and of Kokopelli an association fighting for the
30 protection of food biodiversity and free seeds.
31 Once a week I train retired people, who have no technical background, to
32 use personal computers.
33 My main hobbies are, free software, languages, gardening and cycling.
34 I leave in a very rural place in the Basque Country enjoying the scenery
35 and the quietness.
36
37 So everybody give him a warm welcome!
38
39 Justin
42 P.s.
43 Again, thanks goes to the mentor for the good preparation of the mentee.