From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:44:55
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I wrote a script to check which ebuilds use built_with_use and have
3 > keywords in never versions making the ebuild unused. This means that
4 > neither arch or ~arch users are likely to install the ebuild. The script
5 > and the list of ebuilds is attached. I plan on removing all these
6 > ebuilds two weeks from now unless a reason is given why not to. If you
7 > see an ebuild on the list that should be kept, please migrate it to EAPI
8 > 2. If you need assistance in migrating, I can help. With these gone
9 > built_with_use usage will be down to about 600:
10 >
11 > betelgeuse@pena /usr/portage $ grep --include "*.ebuild" built_with_use
12 > -r . | wc -l;
14 > betelgeuse@pena ~/bin $ wc -l ebuilds_to_nuke.txt
15 > 317 ebuilds_to_nuke.txt
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Petteri
21 It's over two weeks now so I will start the cleanup when I have time. I
22 will leave packages that I think are used widely to be last so
23 maintainers of those still have time to do things on their own. I have
24 exams coming next week so it will probably take a while for me to
25 process the list. Here's the people/packages that wanted to be excluded
26 from the list:
27
28 GNOME
29 gstreamer
30 gnuplot
31 hkBst
32
33 If I forgot someone, please slap me around a bit with a large trout.
34
35 Regards,
36 Petteri