From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Calling for Gentoo Quality Assurance (QA) team members
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:37:51
1 Dear fellow Gentoo developers,
2
3 in its last session the Council has decided that the current QA team is being
4 dissolved [1]. This, however, does not mean that we don't need a QA team!
5 Exactly the opposite, an active Quality Assurance team is important for the
6 whole (meta)distribution.
7
8 The role, the abilities and the purpose of the Gentoo QA team are detailed in
9 GLEP 48 [2]. If you are interested in contributing to Gentoo Quality
10 Assurance, please consider officially becoming part of the Gentoo QA team.
11
12 How?
13
14 Send us *within two weeks* an e-mail at council@g.o and tell us you're
15 interested. Maybe add a sentence or two on what you plan to contribute and
16 where you see important issues. That's all.
17
18 Acceptance is by secret majority vote of the Council members; we will inform
19 you of the decision as soon as possible.
20
21 The Council formally takes over the role of QA team lead for six weeks from
22 now; afterwards, the team members will elect their lead on their own.
23
24 We are looking forward to hear from you.
25
26 Best,
27 Andreas for the whole Council team
30 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20131112-summary.txt