From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo CI news: pkgcheck is now running truly parallel
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 20:08:01
Hi,

Just a quick note: thanks to hard work of radhermit, the newest release
of pkgcheck features internal parallelization of checks.  While it's not
perfect and there's still room for improvement (I mean, it could run
even faster!), it's a major step forward.

This means that I've finally retired that ugly hack that split
categories into multiple groups and ran them in parallel.  This means
that CI is no longer bound by the longest category (hello, media-libs/)
and can utilize all 32 cores instead of ~14.

This also means that if you're planning to run tree-wide scans with
pkgcheck, you no longer have to employ huge hacks to make them faster.
You just run it normally!  In your face, repoman!

Once again, thanks to radhermit.  His work on pkgcheck is astonishing,
and it's becoming a great tool for developers.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny