From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] repositories.xml now served via api.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 23:44:26
1 On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 18:13 +0200, Alex Legler wrote:
2 > The overlays configuration file repositories.xml is the first file that
3 > is now being served via api.gentoo.org.
4 >
5 > New public URL: https://api.gentoo.org/overlays/repositories.xml
6 > Git repository: git+ssh://git@××××××××××.org/proj/api.git
7 >
8 > The old URL will redirect to the new one.
11 The new url is in layman's git and is available in layman-9999 now. It
12 is also an easy edit in /etc/layman/layman.cfg to change the url to the
13 new one. Due to a python ssl limitation, <python-3.2 is not capable of
14 verifying the https connection. There is a backport of the changes
15 available which I will create an ebuild for so that layman can verify
16 the connection.
17
18 I will get a new release out soon which will include the new portage
19 repos.conf style configuration changes. Also coming very soon will be a
20 gpg signed repositories.xml file which layman-9999 is already capable of
21 verifying. I will be changing it to use the new gentoo-keys project
22 which wraps the pyGPG lib I'm using in layman currently. Currently
23 layman requires you to manually install the gentoo gpg release keys to
24 verify against. The gentoo-keys project will automate that and provide
25 access to the correct keyrings for verification.
26
27 For stable layman to not use the redirect, edit /etc/layman/layman.cfg.
28 Change:
29
30 overlays:
31 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/repositories.xml
32
33 to:
34
35 overlays:
36 https://api.gentoo.org/overlays/repositories.xml
37
38 There will likely be 1 leftover cache file and it's correcponding
39 timestamp file in /var/lib/layman since it uses a hash of the url as
40 part of the filename. The new url will produce a new, different hash
41 and subsequently a new pair of files. I will work on detecting that in
42 layman-updater and remove it automatically on upgrade. In the meantime
43 they can be removed manually.