From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Pending new trademark and logo usage license
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 21:06:59
1 Hi all,
2
3 In order to better serve the Gentoo Foundation, and in effect the Gentoo community
4 as a whole, an update to the Gentoo Name and Logo License has been developed
5 which better matches the intend of the trademark protection while allowing
6 good community coverage of the "Gentoo brand", and involves a better
7 explanation of those situations that the Gentoo Foundation trustees often
8 got questions about.
9
10 The draft was posted on the Gentoo NFP mailinglist for a final review, and
11 we are asking the developer community as a whole to take a look at it and
12 give feedback before we finalize this process.
13
14 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.nfp/1418
15
16 If there is no need for further changes, then the license will be put for
17 final approval on one of the subsequent trustee meetings and, if/once
18 approved, the site will be updated with the new license.
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen
22
23 PS Although not strictly development related, we gathered that a license
24 change is important enough to warrant a final call on this mailinglist (with
25 reply-to the gentoo-nfp mailinglist). It is not our intention to spam this
26 mailinglist with all possible trustee news...