From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] layman-global.txt -- overlays changed from http:// to svn://
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 16:22:42
1 One year ago, infra added svn:// support to the overlays.gentoo.org
2 box[1]. It causes less load on the server, and allows for faster
3 syncing than transmissions via http[2].
4
5 Yesterday I have changed the remaining URIs in layman-global.txt[3].
6 This should cause no need for manual interaction for users. Existing
7 checkouts simply sync agains the old (still working) http URI and new
8 checkouts will use svn.
13 Robert
14
15 [1]http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel.announce/98
16 [2]Unfortunately, this will cause problems for users behind firewalls.
17 But the same is true for our rsync tree and git overlays.
18 [3]http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/overlays/layman-global.txt?r1=1.303&r2=1.304