From: Alexandre Bique <bique.alexandre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev-lang@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-lang] The D language
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:42:40
1 On 6/14/07, George Shapovalov <george@g.o> wrote:
2 > Wednesday, 13. June 2007, Alexandre Bique Ви написали:
3 > > What do you think of adding a dev-d category to portage ?
4 > > If you don't know the D programing language, you should take
5 > > a look at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ it's very exciting ;-)
6 > Well, I do know about D, but what I would like to know about is how many
7 > D-related packages are we talking about here? Is there some list somwhere,
8 > best of all in a bug? That really is the basis for the decision. Last time
9 > when I looked for D reated submissions (triggered by that gdc bug) I only
10 > could see two and even then those were for the compilers themselves (gdc and
11 > dmd) and these will go under dev-lang. Another category only makes sense if
12 > there are enough D libs or other D-specific packages ready for inclusion or
13 > already scattered around the tree.
14 >
15 > Actually, on second read I feel a bit confused. Are you talking about
16 > including the D compiler itself by chance? In that case you are too late - it
17 > is already in ;). Check the use flags of later gcc versions and try to look
18 > for dmd as well. That last one might not be in yet (not sure completely, D
19 > was finally taken over by somebody, so I stopped paying much attention) but n
20 > any case you might find the ebuild in bugzilla, just search for dmd.
21 >
22 > George
23 We can add some libs to portage, like Derelict, tango, arclib, yage3d
24 build tools like bud, dsss and apps like leds, etc... you can go to
25 http://www.dsource.org/projects/
26 there are a lot of interesting projects. It's very interesting because
27 it's the time
28 to define the clean way to install a package and allow people to use D
29 in a simple way like it is with C/C++.
30
31 > PS
32 > We also have this mailing list?? Amaizing, I did not realize that :). Even
33 > though I don't remember signing up for it, but that may be because I am on
34 > lang-misc herd. In any case, I suspect there are not that many peple on this
35 > list, so, in general, you might get better luck on gentoo-dev. It gets too
36 > little attention lately (what I mean is, it severely lacks development
37 > contents, may be this is the reason there are so many falmes on it :)).
41 Alexandre Bique (bique.alexandre@×××××.com)
42 éí¢‡^¾V§‚§¶Š(® šŠX§‚X¬