From: Muiz Haider <MHaider@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev-lang@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-lang] newbie having problem compiling code having "request_region"
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:30:46
1 When I try to compile user-mode code containing call to request_region
2 and others, I get messages below:
3
4 undefined reference to `__release_region'
5
6 undefined reference to `ioport_resource'
7
8 undefined reference to `__request_region'
12 I found request_region defined in /usr/src/linux/kernel/resource.c. I
13 expected this to be part of the C library,
14
15 and this is meant to be called from user-space. "uname -r" gives me
16 "2.6.11-gentoo-r9". Any idea what
17
18 I could be doing wrong? I think I have included all the correct header
19 files. Please let me know if I need to
20
21 include any library.
25 Thanks,
26
27 MH
32 The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. It is the property of RailPower Technologies Corp. and/or RailPower Hybrid Technologies Corp. (collectively "RailPower") and shall not be used, disclosed or reproduced without the express written consent of RailPower. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email or telephone 1-604-904-0085 and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.