From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing modules.conf
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 11:13:16
1 On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 10:28, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I just noticed I'm missing /etc/modules.conf, and it isn't being
5 > autogenerated from /etc/modules.d/ or whatever. Where/when should it be
6 > generated and what should I check?
7 >
8 > Dan
11 Hi Dan
12
13 For RC6 you must manually run 'update-modules' to generate
14 /etc/modules.conf.
15
16 Put you custom config in a seperate file in /etc/modules.d
17 (like /etc/modules.d/my_mods), and then run update-modules
18 to generate it. Maybe have a look at /etc/modules.d/aliases
19 and uncomment the protocols, etc you dont use.
22 Greetings,
25 Martin Schlemmer
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
27 Cape Town, South Africa