From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package version requiring sse
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:46:29
1 On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 06:13:56AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > that's pretty retarded imho ... this applies only to x86 right ?
3
4 Yes, it does. The valgrind developers are currently waiting to see if it
5 causes many complaints to see if they can prevent multiple code paths.
6
7 > > To make people aware of this, I could use the sse use flag in 3.0.0
8 > > and die if it is not present, telling people to mask versions 3.0.0
9 > > and up if they have a processor without sse. I would also have to check
10 > > the arch before requiring sse.
11 >
12 > seems the only sane way to handle this :(
13
14 Alright, this is what I'll do then.
15
16 Thanks,