From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Baselayout-2 progress?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:30:28
1 Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 >> baselayout-2 was renamed to openrc when Roy left Gentoo as an
5 >> official dev.
6 >
7 > Answering my own question (for the record). I found some explanation
8 > here:
9 > http://lycos.dropcode.net/gregarius/author.php?author=Roy_Marples__uberlord_
12 >>> Does Roy hang out here? Roy: Is this intended to be a baselayout
13 >>> replacement? How likely is this to be on-track to become a "gentoo
14 >>> official" baselayout? Do you (try to) support busybox and vserver
15 >>> environments?
16 >> Don't know. Yes. Very. Yes & Yes.
17 >
18 > Excellent - this is exciting to hear
19 >
20 > On the other hand since there still isn't a masked ebuild in portage
21 > (and I seem some notes on my on Roy's site) then I have to assume that
22 > in fact we are still a good way away from calling it a replacement and
23 > starting to push it out to users?
24 >
25 > Would it not make sense to start to snapshot some builds and push
26 > openrc out for testing? (Seems like a gentoo job rather than an
27 > upstream is the reason I ask here?)
28 >
29 > Cheers
30 >
31 > Ed W