From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removal of articles.xml from website
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:55:29
1 On Thu, 2005-09-06 at 10:40 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Sven Vermeulen wrote:
6 > > On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:35:26AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
7 > >
8 > >>It would still be useful to keep the titles and other info, just
9 > >>removing the link. Otherwise, how are people supposed to even know the
10 > >>articles exist?
13 > > Google?
14 > >
15 > > It's not our job to index Linux-related articles.
16 >
17 > So I can google for "all Linux-related articles by Gentoo developers"?
18 > It's not all Linux-related articles, so your comment is a bit deceptive.
19 > It's articles by Gentoo developers. And it is our job to be Gentoo. =)
20
21 I still fail to see why everything done by Gentoo devs belongs on the
22 Gentoo page. The only article that belongs on the Gentoo page is the one
23 about the Enoch and how it became Gentoo.
26 Olivier CrĂȘte
27 tester@g.o
28 Gentoo Developer
29 x86 Security Liaison