From: Eldad Zack <eldad@××××××××××××××.cx>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] correct package depends
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:02:01
1 On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > Eldad Zack wrote:
4 > > I forgot to mention -
5 > >
6 > > The patch shows the USE flags whenever -i -v is used.
7 > > also, it would show up only with installed packages.
8 >
9 > It still doesn't have the functionality I was describing. I don't want it to show the use
10 > flags a packages was compiled with. Right now, if you use the '-q' flag to determine what
11 > packages depend on a specified packages, qpkg assumes that all USE flags are enabled,
12 > instead of consulting the USE file in /var/db/pkg-category/pkg-name for each installed
13 > package. In my example from before:
14 > ...
15 > in the ebuild for mplayer and assumes it depends on it. I want mplayer to not show up in
16 > that list because it does *not* depend on arts since it was compiled without support for it.
17
18 Ok, I hopefully got you now.
19 I've worked it out but I'm not sure if it breaks the check on uninstalled
20 packages.
21
22 I've attached the patch to qpkg.
23