From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add bc back to the stage3
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 10:47:20
1 On 17/09/14 14:09, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >
4 >> The bc utility is part of the posix tools and it might be used to build
5 >> linux among the other stuff.
6 >
7 > Luca,
8 >
9 > bc is not in the system set and is a dependency of the kernel or any
10 > other package that needs it, so why do we need to include a package that
11 > takes ~20 seconds to build?
12
13 Because I'd expect a stage3 to be posix compliant and it is a pain to
14 remember that Gentoo doesn't have it by default (since the errors can be
15 quite vague).
16
17 lu