From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Multimedia overlay
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 00:27:23
1 On 08/11/2009 03:06 AM, Thomas Sachau wrote:
2 > Ben de Groot schrieb:
3 >> So hereby we announce the Gentoo Multimedia overlay.
4 >> [...]
5 >
6 > Is there a special reason, why we need to split things even more? Why not invite those devs and
7 > interested users to sunrise? Training ground for interested users is one of the main goals of our
8 > project.
9
10 No, please not to sunrise :P Don't make us remove sunrise from our
11 installations because it will start wanting to replace packages from
12 portage with its own, more bleeding edge than bleeding edge versions.
13 Let it continue to offer packages that are not available at all in
14 portage, instead of offering newer versions of packages that are already
15 in portage. Thank you :P