From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 00:25:25
1 On 5 April 2010 02:02, Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm not overly concerned about what wiki we use.   But may I suggest we
3 > approach gentoo-wiki to see whether they would like to be involved.
4
5 If anybody wants to approach them, that is fine by me. I'm probably
6 not the right person for that job, due to my critical remarks. We have
7 approached the gentoo-wiki.com owner in past and he then declined to
8 cooperate.
9
10 > I would like to help as I may.
11
12 Thanks, that would be very welcome.
13
14 >> Is there anything else we should consider before getting started?
15 >
16 > What project should we create this under.
17
18 I was thinking to start a wiki project.
19
20 > I also have some other ideas that I would like to implement once I get around
21 > to brain-dumping them.   So I will simply ask this question.
22 >
23 > Are there any complimentary services we could offer users besides a wiki?
24 > Maybe best to just think about this and not answer it here.
25
26 That's a very good question, and I hope to hear some answers,
27 especially from users.
28
29 Cheers,
30 --
31 Ben de Groot
32 Gentoo Linux Qt project lead developer