From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding Nipper license to the tree
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:07:09
1 On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 21:28 +0100, Mike Auty wrote:
2 > but I thought I should ask what
3 > the best course of action would be here?
4
5 If it were my ebuild, I would not add the updates under the new,
6 draconic license and either fork the GPL'd code or mask the package for
7 removal.
8 You can not in any way guarantee that a Gentoo user is non-commercial.
9 Especially the patch clause would make ebuilds unsustainable.
10
11 As you say the author personally, perhaps there is a sense of reason
12 that you could appeal to.
13
14 > Thanks,
15 > Mike 5:)