From: Dave Bresson <david.bresson@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] /etc/fstab in new install
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:23:13
I'm editing my /etc/fstab after a new install of rc4 pre2, which was easy
for my root and swap partitions (which had template entries all set up),
however there is no template for my boot partition that i also created.
I'm guessing that this is because a partition dedicated just to /boot is
not neccessary, only nice.  Anyway, i know the syntax of the entry i need
to create and such, and merely wanted to ask if there might be any tips
y'all might have for the various mounting options for my boot partition,
besides maybe the obvious 'rw' option (well, at least that one seems
obvious to me).  I'm mainly concerned in keeping my /boot safe, stable and
secure.  I'm new to reiserfs, so perhaps there's some cool new options
for it i don't know about (my /boot is reiserfs as recommended).  Oh, and
another thing, regarding the dump and fsck fields, I'm guessing that dump
should be a 0, and fsck a 1 (so that it's checked  before the root
partition maybe?).  Am i correct in this thinking?

Thanks in advance,

dave

p.s.  By the way, I'd just like to thank Daniel and Achim for their fast
work in dealing with the rc3 iso earlier today, and in fixing the rc4 pre2
iso.  Now my install on my p90 works  :)