From: Dave Bresson <david.bresson@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] /etc/fstab in new install
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:23:13
1 I'm editing my /etc/fstab after a new install of rc4 pre2, which was easy
2 for my root and swap partitions (which had template entries all set up),
3 however there is no template for my boot partition that i also created.
4 I'm guessing that this is because a partition dedicated just to /boot is
5 not neccessary, only nice. Anyway, i know the syntax of the entry i need
6 to create and such, and merely wanted to ask if there might be any tips
7 y'all might have for the various mounting options for my boot partition,
8 besides maybe the obvious 'rw' option (well, at least that one seems
9 obvious to me). I'm mainly concerned in keeping my /boot safe, stable and
10 secure. I'm new to reiserfs, so perhaps there's some cool new options
11 for it i don't know about (my /boot is reiserfs as recommended). Oh, and
12 another thing, regarding the dump and fsck fields, I'm guessing that dump
13 should be a 0, and fsck a 1 (so that it's checked before the root
14 partition maybe?). Am i correct in this thinking?
15
16 Thanks in advance,
20 dave
24 p.s. By the way, I'd just like to thank Daniel and Achim for their fast
25 work in dealing with the rc3 iso earlier today, and in fixing the rc4 pre2
26 iso. Now my install on my p90 works :)