From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Eclass review: xorg-2 virtualx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:21:27
1 Hello lads,
2 I would like you to review following patches we kept hidden from you in
3 x11 overlay up till now.
4
5 xorg-2:
6 autotools-utils usage
7 - out of tree build by default
8 - killing all .la files
9 added doc dependencies
10 - it is same for all pkgs and easier to keep it in eclass
11 (ebuilds will be updated as bumped, live versions in overlay
12 are already prepared for this)
13 updated font disable calls
14 - with new fonts the disable call is much much easier so we
15 just need to reflect that
16
17 virtualx:
18 Pretty much add eclass-debug info everywhere and fix formatting.
19
20 migrate from "export maketype" to more reliable VIRTUALX_COMMAND global
21 variable (can be set anytime).
22
23 deprecate Xmake in favor of Xemake -j1 or VIRTUALX_COMMAND="emake -j1"
24
25 Change the VIRTUALX_REQUIRED and VIRTUALX_USE to be bit saner and merged
26 into one variable with qa deprecation warnings and fallback in place.
27 New usage described in eclassdoc pretty well.
28
29 So any comments? suggestions?
30
31 Cheers