From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Cc: amd64@g.o, alpha@g.o, sparc@g.o, ppc@g.o, ppc64@g.o, ia64@g.o, hppa@g.o, x86 <x86@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About what kind of changes could be stabilized on all arches by the same arch team
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:02:19
1 Recently I saw some cases where some bugs reported were getting blocked
2 by some arch teams being slow to reply. The issue is that this pending
3 bug reports were only related with changes that weren't arch dependent.
4
5 Some cases that comes to my mind now:
6 - Changes only adding systemd unit files
7 - Changes to fix logrotate files (yeah, also to handle restarting of
8 services in systemd to stop trying to use openRC ways on them ;))
9 - Packages only installing icons, wallpapers.
10 - Any more do you remember?
11
12 I was wondering if we could document what kind of revision bumps
13 depending on the changes they imply could be stabilized in all arches
14 with the previous revision already stable on relevant arches by any arch
15 team member.
16
17 Thanks a lot