From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a generic solution to non-USE-conditional circular deps
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 13:33:11
1 On 00:29, Sun, 12/04/2015 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 I think the simplest solution would be to develop a generic USE flag
6 that would only serve the purpose of forcing bundled dependencies for
7 bootstrapping/initial install.
8
9 We have already:
10
11 build - !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used for
12 creating build images and the first half of bootstrapping [make stage1]
13
14 bootstrap - !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used
15 during original system bootstrapping [make stage2]
16
17 However, since both are marked for 'internal use only', I don't think
18 it's a good idea to use them here. So I guess we need a new flag. Does
19 anyone have suggestions how to name it?
23 For a name, I doubt you'd find a name better than "independent". With USE
24 description of "avoid dependencies known to cause circular dependency
25 issues on initial installations"